One of the most prestigious Universities in Nigeria, the University of Lagos, also known as UNILAG has released their admission form for those who are interested in going beyond BSc and further their studies. This post contains details of UNILAG school of postgraduate studies admission form for 2019 session. The form is now on sale and you can see full details below:
UNILAG is popularly know as the school of first choice because of their reputation in Nigeria and Africa as a whole. Elearnpro uses this opportunity to inform you that UNILAG school of postgraduate studies admssion form for 2019 has been released. All qualified applicants are invited to enrol into the school of post graduate studies. This is not limited to students of UNILAG alone, but for students from other universities as well.
The school has decided to add four extra programmes in order to extend opportunities for people to enroll in.
Below are the four new programs added in the UNILAG school of postgraduate studies
- Master of Science (M.Sc.) in Budgeting & Public Financial Management (F/T & P/T)
- Master of Urban Logistics & Transport Policy (MULTP) (P/T)
- Master of Arts (M.A.) in History & Strategic Studies (P/T)
- Master of Pensions Management (MPM) (P/T)
UNILAG PostGraduate Exam Date
The Postgraduate exam is scheduled to begin on July 8 and candidates are expected to prepare hard for this exam.
List of UNILAG post graduate programmes available
Below are the programmes available in UNILAG school of postgraduate studies
- Postgraduate Diploma Programmes (PGD).
- Masters Degree Programmes (i.e. M.Sc., M.Ed., M.A., LL.M, etc).
- Professional Masters Degree Programmes (i.e. MBA, MILD, MILR, MPH, MDSS, MPIA, MPA, MGIS, etc).
- Master of Philosophy (M.Phil.) and Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) programmes.
UNILAG postgraduate school fees
UNILAG postgraduate school fees varies depending on the course. For example, the school fees of all Full-Time Art Courses is N75,000 while the school fees of Master of Information Technology (Part Time) is N450,000.
However, the N64,500 obligatory fees (acceptance fees) associated with every course is the same for all the courses.
How to apply for UNILAG postgraduate studies
- Sale of Application Forms starts on Monday, 15th April, 2019 and ends on Sunday, 16th June, 2019;
- Completed Application Forms are to be submitted online not later than Sunday, 23rd June, 2019.
- Visit the School of Postgraduate Studies University of Lagos Portal, http://spgs.unilag.edu.ng, Click the 2019/2020 Applications link.
- Confirm your eligibility and availability of your desired course.
- Click the “Application Form” link and select the Postgraduate option from the Application Type menu
- Complete the Pre-Application Form to obtain a Payment Reference Number. (please print the payment advice)
- Proceed to make payment of the sum of N22,500.00 (Twenty-Two Thousand and Five Hundred Naira Only) for the Form, the SPGS Abridged Prospectus and charges through any of the below options:
– Remita Payment: Any commercial bank using the RRR number displayed on the payment advice.
– Online Payment: Click the PayNow link to make payment directly on the portal with your bank debit card.
- After payment, return to the School of Postgraduate Studies website http://spgs.unilag.edu.ng, click the 2019/2020 Application link, then “Continue Application” link, login with Payment Reference Number and provide surname in lowercase as password.
- Complete the Application form and upload digital passport photograph (jpeg format) which should not be more than 15 kb in size and must be in white background. The acceptable dimension is width: 275 pixels or 35mm, height: 314 pixels or 40mm. (Failure to comply with specified image format may lead to disqualification.)
- Click “SUBMIT FORM” button if the information is correct, else, click DECLINE button (CANDIDATES ARE ADVISED TO COMPLETE THE FINAL SUBMISSION ONLY AFTER THEY HAVE FULLY COMPLETED THE FORM, PLEASE NOTE THAT EDITING OF APPLICATION FORM AFTER FINAL SUBMISSION ATTRACTS A N1,000 CHARGE).
- After submission, applicants will be required to print and laminate the “Examination Pass” one week to the entrance examination date (this will be required at the examination venue).
Kindly note the following:
(i) Candidates are advised to read carefully the requirements for their desired programmes to confirm eligibility.
(ii) Candidates awaiting Bachelor’s degree results and Nigerian citizens who have not completed the National Youth Service Corps assignments or are currently undergoing Postgraduate programmes are not eligible.
(iii) Holders of Degrees obtained from Outreach/Satellite campuses are not eligible.
(iv) Every applicant is required to upload all certificates listed in the application form, such as:
* Degree Certificates (Not Statement of Results)
* NYSC Certificate
* Professional Certificates
(v) All Academic Transcripts must reach the Secretary, School of Postgraduate Studies on or before the beginning of registration.
(vi) All M.Phil/Ph.D. candidates are required to contact the relevant Department for availability of Supervisors /vacancies before applying.
Please check for the dates of Qualifying Examinations /Interviews on the University of Lagos, School of Postgraduate Studies Website. http://spgs.unilag.edu.ng (from 8th July, 2019).
For further information, please contact: Deputy Registrar/Administrative Secretary, School of Postgraduate Studies, University of Lagos, Akoka, Yaba, Lagos.
E-mail: email@example.com OR firstname.lastname@example.org
Am Ike Michael , i love to write articles that will be helpful to job seekers in Nigerians recruitmentformportal is a blog design not only to help most job seekers but also to help you know when particularly government agency is recruiting.